Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A New Thanksgiving

Yeah, right.
Are you tired just looking at this picture? I sure am! 

Maybe some people really enjoy shopping for, defrosting, prepping, and cooking a turkey all week.....but I am not one of them.

Is turkey even that good of a food? 

I suppose once my kids are old enough to enjoy turkey, potatoes and all the fixins that maybe this holiday will be more enjoyable. But right now, they would rather eat chicken nuggets. There's no way their 3 and 5 year old palates will touch any icky sticky mashed or sweet potatoes, or goopy beans with crispy onions. 

They won't even touch pie! So why put in all this effort only to fail? For Thanksgiving, I want some peace and sanity so I am trying something new. Tossing aside the roaster pan! 

I decided that this year, we will take a break from the craziness of the big holiday meal. I will try some easy and 'clean' recipes, in reasonable portions, kind of how I do it every day. I'll keep trying to feed the kids new things but am not going to stress over this meal. 

*How do you feel about cooking Thanksgiving dinner?*







Whatever your meal of choice, I hope you have a peaceful and cheerful holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment